How we work with clients
No matter how complex, either technically or geographically, our experts know what it takes to deliver integrations on brief, on time and on budget.
Our work includes:
- Smaller scale, bolt on acquisitions to deliver specific capabilities.
- Helping larger active managers consolidate.
- Managing integrations through clear and structured planning.
- Defining a clear Target Operating Model.
- Proprietal accelerators to rapidly deliver models that underpin the target state organisation.
- Supporting clients through challenging pre-deal completion mobilisation.
- Setting up effective governance structures to support rapid integration and delivery of defined business cases.
We specialise in investment management. We’re not distracted by M&A work in other sectors. Our entire team focuses on one industry. They’re experts in front, middle and back office processes and how to make a success of your M&A deal.
We’ll keep you ahead of market trends with our understanding of the industry’s best practices and our proprietary Domain Model and Accelerators.
Q&A with Jon Benson, Head of M&A Integrations
What are the main drivers for M&A activity at the moment?
The principal drivers are industry fee pressure and ongoing shifts to passive investing through M&A activity, which leads to larger active managers consolidating. Meanwhile, retail investors hungry to break into the asset and wealth management space need to acquire specialist expertise, such as fintech.
What are the challenges facing clients engaged in M&A?
Ensuring that integrations or separations are delivered on time and to budget is a significant challenge which increases as M&A deal size and complexity does. By helping clients scope, plan and manage integrations effectively, we help them meet their target deadlines and costs.
What’s the benefit of developing a Target Operating Model?
Our consultants design and implement Target Operating Models across many different firms following M&A activity. With a clear vision of where your business is headed, we can create models that rapidly take functions from where they are to where you need them to be.