How we work with clients
We can support throughout the transaction, including vendor assistance, buy-side pre-deal diligence, post-deal integration and establishing strategies to maximise value from the transaction.
Our work includes:
- Post-merger integration
- Programme mobilisation
- Complex programme delivery
- Clear and structured integration planning
- Setup of effective governance structures
- Definition of the Target Operating Model
- Realisation of operating cost synergies
- Pre-completion Taking Control
- Due diligence, focussing on the operating model, IT and post-deal cost base
- Creation of operating cost synergy cases
- Market scans and Commercial due diligence
- Divestiture support, including creation of the transaction perimeter, standalone cost base and identification of Transitional Service Agreements
We specialise in investment management. We’re not distracted by M&A work in other sectors. Our entire team focuses on one industry. They’re experts in front, middle and back office processes and how to make a success of your M&A deal.
Q&A with Jon Benson, Head of M&A Integrations
What are the main drivers for M&A activity at the moment?
The principal drivers are industry fee pressure and ongoing shifts to passive investing through M&A activity, which leads to larger active managers consolidating. Meanwhile, retail investors hungry to break into the asset and wealth management space need to acquire specialist expertise, such as fintech.
What are the challenges facing clients engaged in M&A?
Ensuring that integrations or separations are delivered on time and to budget is a significant challenge which increases as M&A deal size and complexity does. By helping clients scope, plan and manage integrations effectively, we help them meet their target deadlines and costs.
What’s the benefit of developing a Target Operating Model?
Our consultants design and implement Target Operating Models across many different firms following M&A activity. With a clear vision of where your business is headed, we can create models that rapidly take functions from where they are to where you need them to be.