Alpha is a leading global consultancy of the asset and wealth management industry
We have worked with 80% of the top 20 global assets managers, and a wide range of other buy-side firms
We support our clients with change in almost every area of the value chain, post the investment decision
Position in the Market
Strong organic growth
Alpha is founded in London.
Luxembourg office is opened, establishing presence in Europe.
New York office is opened, establishing a presence in the US.
Paris office is opened.
Creation of the Distribution and Front Office practices.
Investment in Alpha by Baird Capital.
New specialist practice Alpha Technology Services is launched.
Netherlands and Boston offices are opened. Alpha’s D&I programme is launched.
Investment in Alpha by Dunedin. Baird Capital exits in full. Creation of the Investment Guidelines and Regulatory Compliance practices. Edinburgh office is opened.
Creation of the Digital practice. Geneva and Singapore offices are opened. Successful AIM admission, with a market capitalisation of £160m. Acquisition of TrackTwo; new specialist practice Alpha Data Solutions is launched.
Creation of the FinTech & Innovation practice.
Creation of the ETF & Indexing and Pension & Retail Investments practices. Addition of offices in Zurich, Toronto and Copenhagen. Acquisition of Axxsys Consulting and Obsidian Solutions.
- Became known to our clients for the high quality of our team
- Focused on outsourcing, operational change and M&A integration, with emerging distribution and front office capabilities
- Capitalised on our reputation for market-leading consulting advice
- Continued to develop consulting solutions across the asset and wealth management chain
- Established our global capability and reputation for delivering challenging and complex projects in the industry
Proposition & Capabilities
- Enabled by perspective, technology and innovation
- Driving a targeted product offering
- Delivered by the highest calibre consultants in the industry
- Providing a highly focussed industry proposition, working exclusively in asset and wealth management;
- An emphasis on providing clients with an exceptional standard of delivery and valued outcomes;
- Investment in people who bring market leading experience and personal credentials to the corporate proposition;
- Ensuring a global presence for serving an expanding client base and delivering large cross border programmes;
- An ability to leverage diﬀerentiating intellectual property and data, developed over 15 years, oﬀering unique intelligence on how clients run their business;
- Extending Alpha’s capability and service oﬀering, both organically and through bolt-on acquisitions.
Key market drivers
With its comprehensive service proposition, strong reputation and robust platform for growth, Alpha is well positioned to assist its clients in responding to the structural drivers of change in the market:
- Fee pressure
- Growth in assets under management
- Regulatory change