Alpha is a leading global consulting company to the asset management, wealth management and insurance industries.
We have worked with all of the top 20 and 80% of the world's top 50 asset managers by AUM, and a wide range of insurance and other buy-side firms
We support our clients with change in almost every area of the value chain, post the investment decision
Position in the Market
Strong organic growth
Alpha is founded in London as a provider of specialist consultancy services to the asset management industry.
Europe presence is established, with the opening of the Luxembourg office.
US presence is established, with the opening of the New York office.
First private equity investment in Alpha by Baird Capital.
Creation of Alpha’s first Technology Services practice in the UK.
Alpha’s Diversity & Inclusion programme is launched.
Netherlands and Boston offices are opened. Alpha’s D&I programme is launched.
Investment in Alpha by Dunedin, with Baird Capital exiting in full. Alpha has c. 200 consultants across seven offices.
APAC presence is established, with the opening of the Singapore office.
Alpha acquires its first complementary business in TrackTwo, which becomes part of Aiviq.
Successful AIM admission with a market capitalisation of £160m. Alpha has c. 300 consultants across nine offices.
Creation of the Pensions & Retail Investments practice: the start of Alpha’s expansion into insurance consulting.
Alpha acquires two more businesses: Axxsys, technology specialists for investment management clients; and Obsidian, expanding the Aiviq solutions suite.
Acquisition of Lionpoint, extending Alpha’s alternatives capabilities and increasing the global footprint, particularly in North America.
Acquisition of Shoreline, a leading APAC-based consultancy.
Alpha continues to grow, reporting the most successful financial year to date, with Group revenues of £228.7m.
- Became known to our clients for the high quality of our team
- Focused on outsourcing, operational change and M&A integration, with emerging distribution and front office capabilities
- Capitalised on our reputation for market-leading consulting advice
- Continued to develop consulting solutions across the asset and wealth management chain
- Established our global capability and reputation for delivering challenging and complex projects in the industry
Proposition & Capabilities
- Enabled by perspective, technology and innovation
- Driving a targeted product offering
- Delivered by the highest calibre consultants in the industry
- Providing a highly focussed industry proposition, working exclusively in asset and wealth management;
- An emphasis on providing clients with an exceptional standard of delivery and valued outcomes;
- Investment in people who bring market leading experience and personal credentials to the corporate proposition;
- Ensuring a global presence for serving an expanding client base and delivering large cross border programmes;
- An ability to leverage diﬀerentiating intellectual property and data, developed over 20 years, oﬀering unique intelligence on how clients run their business;
- Extending Alpha’s capability and service oﬀering, both organically and through bolt-on acquisitions.
Key market drivers
With its comprehensive service proposition, strong reputation and robust platform for growth, Alpha is well positioned to assist its clients in responding to the structural drivers of change in the market:
- Growth in assets under management and insurance policies
- Cost pressure
- Regulatory change
- Technology breakthroughs
- ESG and societal expectations