Alpha is a leading global consulting company to the financial services industry.
We support the client transformation lifecycle by providing management consulting and technology services that are highly focussed on the sectors in which we operate.
We bring together the specialist industry knowledge, deep expertise and outstanding focus on delivery excellence of our global teams to help clients think smarter and shape their businesses for the future.
Position in the Market
Strong organic growth
Alpha is founded in London as a provider of specialist consultancy services to the asset management industry.
Europe presence is established, with the opening of the Luxembourg office.
US presence is established, with the opening of the New York office.
First private equity investment in Alpha by Baird Capital.
Creation of Alpha’s first Technology Services practice in the UK.
Alpha’s Diversity & Inclusion programme is launched.
Netherlands and Boston offices are opened.
Investment in Alpha by Dunedin, with Baird Capital exiting in full. Alpha has c. 200 consultants across seven offices.
APAC presence is established, with the opening of the Singapore office.
Alpha acquires its first complementary business in TrackTwo, which becomes part of Aiviq.
Successful AIM admission with a market capitalisation of £160m. Alpha has c. 300 consultants across nine offices.
Creation of the Pensions & Retail Investments practice: the start of Alpha’s expansion into insurance consulting.
Alpha acquires two more businesses: Axxsys, technology specialists for investment management clients; and Obsidian, expanding the Aiviq solutions suite.
Acquisition of Lionpoint, extending Alpha’s alternatives capabilities and increasing the global footprint, particularly in North America.
Acquisition of Shoreline, a leading APAC-based consultancy.
Alpha continues to grow, reporting the most successful financial year to date, with Group revenues of £228.7m.
- became known to our clients for the high quality of our team; and
- focussed on outsourcing, operational change and M&A integration, with emerging distribution and investment capabilities.
- capitalised on our reputation for market-leading consulting advice; and
- continued to develop consulting solutions for financial services clients; and
- established a global capability and reputation for delivering some of the most challenging and complex projects in the industry; and
- committed to a growth strategy that involves expanding the business organically, including into adjacent sectors, and through highly complementary acquisitions.
Now we will:
- continue to build scale both globally and across a range of existing markets by growing and differentiating the service offering; and
- pursue with momentum our objective to be recognised as the leading consultancy to the financial services industry globally.
Proposition & Capabilities
Our Competitive Advantage
- Ability to identify, attract and retain the best talent
- A strong culture that fosters excellence, collaboration and ethical conduct
- A multi-boutique structure that provides highly specialist, sector focussed management consulting and technology services to each of the client sectors we address
- Alongside an extremely solid cross-selling framework and culture of collaboration
- Ability to apply best practice, differentiating intellectual property and data, technology solutions and market-leading knowledge developed over 20 years
- Continuous innovation and development of the proposition to anticipate client needs
- An emphasis on providing the highest quality of service and exceeding clients’ expectations
Key market drivers
With its comprehensive service proposition, strong reputation and robust platform for growth, Alpha is well positioned to assist its clients in responding to the structural drivers of change in the market:
- Growth in assets under management and insurance policies
- Cost pressure
- Regulatory change
- Technology breakthroughs
- ESG and societal expectations