Evaluation, selection, implementation and post go-live support of a new Portfolio and Order Management System
The client had a number of fixed income funds ranging from below £2.5m to over £1.5bn in AUM, and the fund management team felt constrained by their whole product range. They wanted to review it, whilst taking into account recent regulatory changes, to identify:
- Sub-scale/unprofitable funds lacking clear potential to attract new money, which should be closed/merged
- Funds they could alter in the light of new regulations (e.g. UCITS) to make them more saleable
- Opportunities for new products, again in the light of the new regulatory environment
- Alpha quickly mobilised a small strategy team to work with the fund managers and internal product development. Across an 8 week period, we then devised a holistic strategy to close 3 funds, merge 2 funds and launch 3 new funds
- Deliverables included a high level plan to set out priorities, critical path and interdependencies, and then a high level business case which supported the recommendations
- Alpha went on to manage the implementation of all of the recommendations
The client had a refreshed and more focused fixed income fund range, with a re-energised, challenged and engaged fund management team.
One of the newly launched funds went on to become one of the highest selling fixed income funds of recent times.