Evaluation, selection, implementation and post go-live support of a new Portfolio and Order Management System
The client had been experiencing a significant increase in product development activity, as had many in the industry. They needed to review their product development function and approach and look for ways to improve, specifically with:
- Volume: was theirs at a competitive level?
- Process: was their process effective? Were there the right checks and balances?
- Time to market: were they fast enough to launch?
- Structure & resources: was their operating model and resource capability adequate?
For these areas, the client wanted to view how they compared versus industry peers and best practices
- Alpha put forward a highly experienced team focused on three core activities:
- Benchmarking of the key areas using Alpha’s product development market-wide data
- Interviews with key stakeholders and members of the product development team
- A review of relevant materials (e.g. process flows, organisation structure and activities)
- Alpha prepared a final report setting out findings and recommendations; and went on to implement all of the proposed changes
The project gave the client a transparent and shared set of insights into their current performance, issues and challenges in product development. Our analysis was objective and data driven.
They gained a refreshed (and implemented) product development process and governance structure, with significant reductions in wasted effort and an improved time-to-market for new funds.