Helping our client deliver a consistent view of client level flows and holdings at strategy and fund level
This client needed to replace a complex, inefficient and costly existing platform with BlackRock Solutions’ Aladdin platform, and to re-engineer the whole end-to-end operating model to align with it.
Unique key challenges for the programme included:
- 1000 portfolios for fund accounting and transfer agency
- A complex organisational structure
- An aggressive timescale
- A ‘top down’ tendency towards developing their operating models
- Alpha led the set up of the programme: defining the overall governance and reporting structure, the control functions, the work streams and the phases
Alpha led the following phases:
- An extensive deep-dive for due diligence
- A global target operating model to create strategies for the business’s future
- Business process re-engineering to build more detailed future state assessment
- Contract negotiation between client and BlackRock to get the best value
We worked fast to achieve their goals. Our contract negotiations with BlackRock were among the quickest and most favourable in the market; we delivered well within the 18-months time frame, completing them in less than 9 months.
With Aladdin and their newly re-engineered model, their team can communicate more efficiently, see processes more clearly and make important decisions more rapidly.