Helping our client deliver a consistent view of client level flows and holdings at strategy and fund level
The client was operating a multi-boutique business model, and supporting disparate CRM systems and processes across multiple geographies and sales channels. Pivotal CRM was the institutional global/boutique platform, and the EMEA wholesale distribution platform. Homegrown CRM was the North American wholesale distribution platform.
This was resulting in lack of consistent data structure and quality, hindered management reporting and analytics, and siloed businesses that couldn’t collaborate or capitalise on business and technology-driven synergies.
- Alpha was tasked with designing a solution that would enable business units to easily share data and collaborate across a common CRM platform
- We first defined a CRM strategy and target architecture in which we analysed a federated CRM model against a single CRM org
- Ultimately, a federated architecture was chosen for increased flexibility and scalability, with a central “datahub” to facilitate data sharing between CRM instances
- We then developed a phased implementation plan and led the full lifecycle of delivery for each phase:
- Migration from Pivotal CRM onto Salesforce.com for EMEA wholesale, followed by global institutional
- Migration from Homegrown CRM onto Salesforce.com for North American wholesale (Phase II)
- Development of datahub for data sharing (in parallel with CRM migrations)
An aligned CRM platform across the business gave the client better management reporting and data consistency, increased business collaboration and streamlined enhancement and support capabilities.
User adoption grew with the increased CRM capabilities, and the monthly release cycles meant a continually improving platform for the future.