Evaluation, selection, implementation and post go-live support of a new Portfolio and Order Management System
The client was running a number of separate front office applications across its global business, and faced operational inefficiencies and high costs in managing them.
They made an in-principle decision to deploy a single global instance of an end-to-end front office application, but their technical and business model required re-architecture to support the new solution. The global change was to require buy-in and coordination across a multitude of functional and geographical stakeholders.
- Alpha designed the program approach and delivery structure, and advised the client through delivery
- We led the overall operating model design as well as the investment operations work stream
- Compliance experts were provided by Alpha to provide subject matter expertise to the compliance work stream
- Worked closely with the client we captured key business and design requirements to analyse against the new vendor solution
- Alpha detailed potential gaps across global functions and implemented resolutions with functional leads
- We led contract negotiations with the vendor to secure attractive commercials and a solid service framework
The client transitioned to a clear and more efficient global operating model.
They also benefited from a strong contract framework, in which the vendor were committed to strengthening the business case of the program.