Evaluation, selection, implementation and post go-live support of a new Portfolio and Order Management System
The client was seeking a common understanding of their data challenges, and the role of a data management solution in managing them. They set out to understand and assess the options in the market for replacing their current legacy solution. They also required a clear roadmap for sign off of the business case and implementation.
- Alpha mobilised a team of consultants with specialism in data management operations, and familiarity with the vendor solutions in the market
- We reviewed the current operating model and its data implications, then identified the gaps in the model, its governance, its tools, databases and data management solutions, in order to determine the best target data operating model strategy
- Following these initial steps, Alpha:
- Reviewed the market for the best fit solutions for our client and compiled an overview of several of these options
- Presented a summary of the data solutions market
- Facilitated workshops to reach agreement on the best model and its associated toolsets
The client leveraged Alpha’s knowledge and experience with the leading data vendors in the market. This enabled the project to give valuable practical insights into the vendors’ solutions, to give better understanding of their advantages and limitations, and reduce the project’s overall duration.