Evaluation, selection, implementation and post go-live support of a new Portfolio and Order Management System
The client initiated a program to develop a new service offering in data functions to improve both regulatory compliance and new client on-boarding for asset managers and broker dealers. They faced a competitive landscape for this new offering, and were not a highly recognised brand in the targeted market.
They also needed support to create and validate a business case to continue investing in the launch of the new business, and to develop a new technology and operations platform for it.
- Alpha mobilised a team to analyse industry direction on a future state operating model for the data utility
- We facilitated workshops to capture requirements and define the scope and high level roadmap for the service
- We also produced the initial pricing model, and conducted RFP’s: to estimate costs for technology and operations build, annual run rates, and to support the initial business case for investing in it
- Alpha mobilised a team to define the operational integration plan and global target operating model
- We also leveraged our global footprint and relationships to help create awareness on the client’s new offering
The client could leverage the roadmap and business case for investment approval, from a number of global financial firms.
The client successfully launched the business with a core group of buy and sell side early adopters.
The client now manages an active development pipeline to continue enhancing the scope of the service, in response to known industry requirements.