Helping our client deliver a consistent view of client level flows and holdings at strategy and fund level
Our client had implemented an in-house solution for tracking customer level data, but data outputs did not meet quality expectations and the process was time consuming and expensive to operate.
The decision to look for an alternative approach was triggered by a difficult reconciliation exercise at year end and the fact that different business units and sales teams producing their own data – creating duplication and inconsistencies which impaired an accurate enterprise view of client performance.
Further, the current solution was a block to a programme to roll out advanced analytics and automation – and scaling the current design would compound data issues and productions costs.
- Alpha implemented its proprietary tool 360 SalesVista to produce daily business data from a large number of external and internal sources
- The 360 SalesVista installation was integrated into a complex solution architecture within six months
- The output data is stored in the client’s data lake to power analytics and operational uses.
Based on success, the client expanded the scope to include client management processes and is adding additional platforms and sources
- The client is able to track client level data to a high degree of accuracy and granularity
- Daily refresh cycles provide a new dimension of client insight and sales motivation
- 360 SalesVista is now acknowledged as the “golden source” for client level AUM and sales data
- Data outputs are adopted by stakeholders across the firm, from Finance to MiFID II reporting
Related case studies include:
Evaluation, selection, implementation and post go-live support of a new Portfolio and Order Management System